Congrats Red Sox for becoming the 2013 World Series Champions!
Join the BSTA Board! If you would like to be considered for a seat on the 2014 Board, please contact each of the Nominating Committee members. Click here to apply now. This year the following 9 positions are open:
- First Vice President
- Second Vice President
- Chairperson of Membership
- (2) 2-Year Governor
- 1-Year Governor
* All positions are for 1 year terms unless noted. Please be sure to make your intentions known on or before November 15th.
Nov. 7th BSTA Harvest Party @ Howl at the Moon @ 184 High Street.
Reconnect and catch up with collegues before things get to hectic over the holiday season.
The BSTA will be collecting socks for NECHV (New England Center for Homeless Veterans). For more information about NECHV please click here, and be sure to bring some new socks for a great cause!
Online registration is now closed. Please contact us for more information.
Nov. 22nd – The Melanoma Foundation of New England (MFNE) announced today the creation of the Marla Serwin Memorial Melanoma Fund for Education in memory of Marla Serwin (former BSTA Member), former Senior Managing Director of Knight Capital Group and an MFNE supporter who passed away from melanoma in November 2012.
- Exact times and Place TBD.
- Helping students with disabilities achieve their highest learning potential and level of independence.
- When: Thursday, December 5th 2013
- Where: The Liberty Hotel **New Location**
- Event Begins: 6:00pm
- Event Ends: 10:00pm
Why Join The BSTA?
The Boston Securities Traders Association has been representing the local trading community since 1936. At the BSTA, we pride ourselves on being one of the largest memberships in the country which allows us to be well represented in both the National STA and in Washington, DC. Maintaining a strong presence requires the Boston trading community to be actively involved with the association. For that reason, we are eagerly seeking new members and want to highlight just a few of the benefits of BSTA membership:
- Education: The BSTA holds various events throughout the year that are free to all members. Over the past few years the BSTA has hosted events such as Technical Analysis 101, New Rules and Regulations effecting our Industry, HFT & ETF Panels, Option workshops, and more.
- Charity: The BSTA takes an active role in supporting multiple local charities and seeks out opportunities to give back to the community. Last year we were financially and physically involved in events with Habitat for Humanity, the Shattuck Shelter, Cotting School and Haymakers for Hope.
- Networking: The BSTA hosts several social events each year. All of the events are well attended, provide excellent networking opportunities, and many have become annual traditions that are not to be missed.
All ‘Associate’ and ‘General’ members have the opportunity to participate in these types of events as well as take advantage of the many other benefits membership provides. We believe that our association enables its members to grow both personally and professionally through a variety of offered activities. If the above information interests you, please click on the link below for a membership application or reach out to one of the current board members for more details.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- President: Whit Conary | Level ATS email@example.com
- Chairman of the Board: Larry Peruzzi | Cabrera Capital Markets firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Vice President: Bob Hofeman | Rampart Investment Management LLC email@example.com
- Second Vice President: Charlie O’Connor | Leerink Swann & Co firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Dave Hagen | Linedata email@example.com
- Treasurer: Sara Baker | Sebaker29@gmail.com
- Chairperson of Membership: Eric Engdahl | Capital Guardian, LLC firstname.lastname@example.org
- Timothy J. Casey | Cabrera Capital Markets email@example.com
- Andrea Mackey | Boston Advisors firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gus Phelps | Vertical Group email@example.com
- Erin Sheehan | Liquidnet firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charlie Whitlock | JP Morgan Securities email@example.com
- Eric Yi | Pyramis Global Advisors firstname.lastname@example.org