- Free Buyside Registration extended until May 13th noon
- Sellside/Vendor online registration for $150 to close May 13th noon
- Tickets at the door $200
Please contact Carol McKean @ firstname.lastname@example.org to assist with registration or for any questions. Hotel is now sold out.
2015 BSTA 80th Annual Conference Line-Up
Wednesday May 13th – Past President Reception – By Invitation Only
- Honoring: Lisa Showalter Hopkins
- Doors open at 5:30pm in the Flagship Room, Seaport Hotel, One Seaport Boulevard, Boston (located on the Mezzanine level of the hotel)
- Be sure to RSVP with Carol McKean@ email@example.com
Thursday May 14th – Education Event – Peter Kovac
BSTA welcomes Peter Kovac author of “Flash Boys: Not So Fast: An Insider’s Perspective on High–Frequency Trading”. Peter has been on open critic of Michael Lewis’ popular book claiming the stock market is “rigged”. Peter will share his thoughts on where Lewis was wrong; as well as what is working in today’s markets and what needs to be changed.
- Doors open at 7:30am @ Harvard Club 1 Federal St 37th floor
- Continental breakfast will be served
- Formal Presentations begin at 8:00am and will end by 9:00am
- Please register online or reach out to Carol McKean to be on the security list
Thursday May 14th – Evening Gathering @ Fenway Park – Doors open @ 4:30pm. Please meet at Gate K for registration tags and 50/50 for Homeless Veterans.
- Grand Slam sponsors will have a chance to go behind the legendary scoreboard
- Bar, Golf and Homerun Sponsors will enjoy cocktails in the visitors dressing room, with access to the batting cages to swing away for an hour before the festivities kick in
- Triple & Double Sponsors have passes for Haymakers and The Harbor Cruise in their packets
Thursday May 14th – Partnership with Haymakers for Hope – House of Blues, 15 Lansdowne St.
- Go directly from our event to the Haymakers for Hope Charity Night to help “KO Cancer”.
- Don’t want to go home after a great night at Fenway Park? Then see some great amateur boxing that involves members from our own financial community.
- Tickets for the event are available @ www.haymakersforhope.org
Friday May 15th – BSTA Premier Harbor Cruise aboard the Majestic
- Deadline is Friday, May 8th for this excursion
- 11am departure from Long Wharf (dock is located between the Long Wharf Marriott and the New England Aquarium)
- 3 hour lunch tour of the Boston Harbor Islands
- Bloody Mary Bar
- Arrive back at 2pm
Monday May 18th – Golf Outing @ the Historic Myopia Hunt Club, host to 4 US Opens – 435 Bay Road, S. Hamilton, MA
- 11am Shotgun Start
- Box Lunches for Carts
- Prizes and Cocktails to Close
Select the option that best describes you. Attendees must register separately. Members must log in with your email address to get your member discount.
For hotel accommodations, please contact Carol McKean Events at (617) 330-6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A limited number of hotel rooms are available for BSTA conference attendees.
Please pay your 2015 dues. Log in to pay with convenient online payments.
Why Join The BSTA?
The Boston Securities Traders Association has been representing the local trading community since 1936. At the BSTA, we pride ourselves on being one of the largest memberships in the country which allows us to be well represented in both the National STA and in Washington, DC. Maintaining a strong presence requires the Boston trading community to be actively involved with the association. For that reason, we are eagerly seeking new members and want to highlight just a few of the benefits of BSTA membership:
- Education: The BSTA holds various events throughout the year that are free to all members. Over the past few years the BSTA has hosted events such as Technical Analysis 101, New Rules and Regulations effecting our Industry, HFT & ETF Panels, Option workshops, and more.
- Charity: The BSTA takes an active role in supporting multiple local charities and seeks out opportunities to give back to the community. Last year we were financially and physically involved in events with Habitat for Humanity, the Shattuck Shelter, Cotting School and Haymakers for Hope.
- Networking: The BSTA hosts several social events each year. All of the events are well attended, provide excellent networking opportunities, and many have become annual traditions that are not to be missed.
All ‘Associate’ and ‘General’ members have the opportunity to participate in these types of events as well as take advantage of the many other benefits membership provides. We believe that our association enables its members to grow both personally and professionally through a variety of offered activities. If the above information interests you, please click on the link below for a membership application or reach out to one of the current board members for more details.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Governors BSTA Administrator