Board Member Opportunity
Interested in getting more involved with the 2015 BSTA Board?
- Click here to learn about the Election Process and Procedure for Consideration.
Meet the Board
Find out what it means to be on the BSTA Board. Meet current board members and get a better understanding of how you can be more active within the organization.
- October 9th from 5:00 – 7:00
- Brandy Pete’s (Corner of Franklin and Batterymarch)
- We’ll be in the side room on the Main Floor
- Tuesday, October 21
- Hyatt Regency: One Avenue De LaFayette, Boston
- Learn About:
- Proposed Canadian Regulatory changes – Will the US follow our lead?
- Canadian “flash boys”? – The Canadian HFT experience Market segmentation – Are Canadian participants already self-segmenting?
- Canada, home of the lit – Why dark hasn’t taken hold in Canada
- Please note: Bruins/Habs & Bruins/Leafs tickets will be raffled off to those who attend.
- Click here to register now!
- October 23rd, 4:30 – 8:00pm
- Julep Bar (200 High St)
- 6 teams competing in 30 minute shifts for tip dollars all going to charity!
- Click here for tickets and sponsorship information
Come reconnect and socialize with your colleagues before the Holiday Season is upon us
- November 6th from 5:00 – 7:30
- Howl at the Moon (184 High St)
- Make sure you bring some socks to donate to NECVH
- Register below
Cotting School Holiday Party
Mark your calendar for the Annual “Street” Holiday Party that helps raise money for Cotting School while allowing everyone to touch base before the Holidays.
- December 4th 5:30pm – 10:00pm
- Liberty Hotel 215 Charles St, Boston
- To Register, Sponsor, or just find out more information about this event Click Here.
Why Join The BSTA?
The Boston Securities Traders Association has been representing the local trading community since 1936. At the BSTA, we pride ourselves on being one of the largest memberships in the country which allows us to be well represented in both the National STA and in Washington, DC. Maintaining a strong presence requires the Boston trading community to be actively involved with the association. For that reason, we are eagerly seeking new members and want to highlight just a few of the benefits of BSTA membership:
- Education: The BSTA holds various events throughout the year that are free to all members. Over the past few years the BSTA has hosted events such as Technical Analysis 101, New Rules and Regulations effecting our Industry, HFT & ETF Panels, Option workshops, and more.
- Charity: The BSTA takes an active role in supporting multiple local charities and seeks out opportunities to give back to the community. Last year we were financially and physically involved in events with Habitat for Humanity, the Shattuck Shelter, Cotting School and Haymakers for Hope.
- Networking: The BSTA hosts several social events each year. All of the events are well attended, provide excellent networking opportunities, and many have become annual traditions that are not to be missed.
All ‘Associate’ and ‘General’ members have the opportunity to participate in these types of events as well as take advantage of the many other benefits membership provides. We believe that our association enables its members to grow both personally and professionally through a variety of offered activities. If the above information interests you, please click on the link below for a membership application or reach out to one of the current board members for more details.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Governors BSTA Administrator